Skip to main content

8. Monday Gratitude













We had a busy week last week. Well busy in the sense that we were busy with each other {and being sick again!}, but not busy in the sense that we got out and did a lot. Last week, potty training was on the plan! And so we did. Z did great. I am so proud of her. We are still learning and figuring everything out, but so far there have been very few accidents. We even went to two birthday parties and church! {ahem, and one included a small accident} It's not as difficult as I was picturing it to be. It just still makes me a bit nervous, but we'll get there! :)

Oh, yes and then we got sick. Again. We just can't seem to stay well this winter. Oh well. This too shall pass.

Real quick, because once again it's late and I need to get to bed! But I do want to take time to jot down some things I am thankful for...so here we go:

- an almost potty-trained toddler or should I say for the most part potty trained ... not sure how to label her right now! :) 

- beautiful, glorious sunshine today

- a phone call with my great-aunt

- a washer and dryer to take care of our little accidents that Z does have

- we girls all took naps today at the same time and I even had some time to watch a TV show!

Enough for now! 

G'night from my side of the world!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Months

Baby Z is ten months today.  She's moving into toddlerhood and out of babyness...boo hoo....She's starting to have her own little will and get angry when things don't go her way.  She's realized she can make us laugh.  She loves watching little kids and squeals with delight.  Stroller rides are a favorite and also nice for a little snooze at times.  Cheerios are another favorite {she's a great eater, just not a good drinker}.  Sleeping through the night is almost an everyday occurrence {PTL!}!  Her sleeping postions are always quite amusing...you never know how you will find her.  She's incredibly curious and loves getting into things {empty boxes, laundry baskets, bags, etc is highly entertaining}.  If a cellphone or computer are somewhere near her, she doesn't waste any time getting to them.  She has so much energy.  Naps are kept short, often a half hour, if I'm lucky an hour.  I'm so thankful for this sweet, little, energy bundle.  I look forwa

Welcoming strangers into my home

For 16 weeks now, we have had a young refugee couple from Syria living with us. They have been married a little over a year and for the majority of that time have been separated from each other, since he made the journey to Austria alone and got everything in order so that she could come legally.  Let me backtrack a bit and tell you how it all started. As the refugee crisis really started to explode here, facebook was buzzing with articles, videos, pictures, etc. of the situation. I read a lot. I saw a lot. I was moved. I was troubled. But what could I do? I had a three year old and one year old at home.  ... I could teach some German. But when?   ... I could donate clothes and other items that were needed. But that didn't seem like enough. ... I could give money. But I wanted something more tangible.  I would put my youngest to bed and during those days, she needed lots of TLC in order to get to sleep. I kept thinking about the refugees and how they didn't

An early birthday gift!!!

Thanks, Laura and Leanna! I love 'em!!!