- being able to chaperone for the teens from church atKing's Dominion - meeting new teens and getting along well! - fun rides - not burning too bad! - feeling clean after a nice shower after a long day!
- talking to my cousin and hearing he is a bit better - walking with Laura and Julienne- warm welcome from people at Laura's church- movie with Laura at night- precious baby hugsLaura made this apron for me. This was the project we were working on. Didn't she do a wonderful job! YAH for aprons and not spilling all over myself while cooking! :)
I am so thankful for this time I have with my precious little niece, Julienne! She is sooo sweet! GST # 109 for the day:- baby laughs and kisses - aerobics class with Laura- finishing up our project, picture to follow tomorrow :) - a super short nap- just being with Laura!
Unfortunately, my sister's internet is not very reliable and comes and goes a lot - more going than coming, so last night I was unable to share my GST. This will also be the case tomorrow night ... so tonight and Monday night, I will double days. Here are my ten for the past two days.
- strawberry picking with Coburns - playing Wii - being reunited with Leanna - safe travels - coming "home" (my VA home) - seeing Julienne, Laura and Andrew! Julienne is so sweet!! - playing ping pong with my sisters :) - homemade pizza and cookies 'n' cream ice cream - laughing until I cried and almost spewed - giving and receiving bday gifts
Today Amanda and I went to Food Lion, where I was once again AMAZED at all the varieties of one item that America has ... wow ... sure is different from Austrian stores! Amanda just laughed at me - we aren't in Austria anymore! :)
1. driving a stick shift and being able to help Amanda so that she could take care of her baby 2. shopping with old friends 3. Raspberry lemonade 4. a bed to sleep in after long travels 5. yummy smelling shampoo :) Amanda's got some good stuff here!
FYI - randrom sidenote: Being back in America is so weird ... driving in cars is equally weird ... not hearing German is very sad!
the sun setting ... beautiful time to be up there! the view from the ferris wheel this is the bowl I painted at Made by You - sooo much fun going there! Frank being goofy while playing a game ... I'm gonna miss these kids ...
- getting sweet goodbye cards, flowers and chocolate from students - signing TONS of yearbooks - finishing the final touches of getting my room done for the summer - holding a baby for almost 25 minutes! - hugs!
...game day with the munchkins... ...dinner with friends... ...redeeming my birthday present of going to the theater and seeing My Fair Lady... ...starting the task of finishing things up for the end of the school... ...talks with fellow teachers...
- having a girl come up to me after church, who remembered my name and truly be interested in me and my life - encouraging talks - the ability to be honest with friends - the knowledge that God will always be there every step of the way in my life - nap after church
1. watching parents be proud of their children as they got their awards this morning2. getting a brief nap in today! 3. being productive at school during our afternoon off 4. tacos and a movie w/ friends tonight :) 5. riding a bike!!
* a bird's eye view of the city, I gave my friend, Amanda, a ticket to go on the big ferris wheel here and tonight we did that! it was so much fun - great view! *
** it was Thursday, but we had no meetings today! ** *** company for dinner *** **** last full day of school .... my how time flies **** ***** enjoying chapel for the last time with the elementary kiddos *****
- reading to all of Primary and 1st Grade, I love how they get into the stories!- having time to sort through papers that have stacked up over the school year - great talks on park benches (with two different people throughout the day) - knowing that God is good and He has a plan, no matter what! - going to a concert
1. surprise guest speaker in almost all my classes - which happen to fall on the perfect day, I was so tired today! I couldn't sleep past 4:00ish this morning...so that was a rough start to the day! 2. chat with my roommate 3. time to sit and watch a movie 4. finally, getting home after being stuck on the subway for about 45 min .... fresh air was so good after that! 5. leftover Thai Pizza for dinner