*having a student say it's okay after I apologized for copying things wrong, it was so cute**Fall Festival and seeing the kiddos in a different setting* *Vienna at night* *fun hang out times* *going to bed knowing I can sleep in a bit more than normal*
hearing a student who spoke no English at the beginning of the school year say a sentence quiet ubahn ride, not many people on it this a.m. talking to a friend and hearing that she is pregnant!! :) relaxing night at home after a long day yummy tacos w/ cheddar cheese!
- fun and not too strenuous day with the kids- birthday cake from a Primary student - bringing joy to a friend - berry pancakes for dinner, gotta love breakfast for dinner - having a long conversation with Laura
being able to put Lily down for a nap and getting her up after she was doneholding Levinia's hand and hearing her funny little commentsa final day of Tante Leslie-nesssafe and quick travels back to Viennamy bed
...sleeping in a bit longer this a.m. ... ...eating leftover breakfast foods from a high-school girls sleepover.... ...lunch date with MelMac... ...going home early... ...arriving at my brother's house...
[waking up way before my alarm and having some time to snooze and even read in the morning] [hearing sweet lil laughs as Primary and I walked crazily to lunch] [strawberry juice] [running out of minutes and getting my new phone w/ a new plan in the same day!] [dinner with Felix's family]
a) snoozing a bit longer this a.m.b) a great book to read on the u-bahn c) mango-carrot-apple sauce d) a cozy warm classroom in cold weather! e) a chance to get to know some Austrians better over dinner
- leftover jam oat bars for breakfast - - having a great class period w/ 5th grade talking about how the earth is round and how we orbit the sun, etc. - - being able to call up Laura and just chat for a bit (thanks, Laura!) - - experimenting with an idea for a recipe and it turning out - - learning a new game -
- not getting stuck in the elevator, I went down this morning and it didn't open for several seconds and I seriously thought I was stuck!!- going to Ikea with Melissa and having a good time together - having some chill time w/ RheaAnne and watching a tv show - being very productive in the apartment! - Bible study tonight with the Austrians ;)
* having a 2nd grader ask me to read another Bible story after I finished re-reading the story we heard in chapel today** watching a student who is very quiet laugh sooo hard! *** fun times with third grade **** a snuggly Primary student ***** another birthday party at night
bakery date in the morning with Amanda walking to school in cute rainboots mittens, a hat and a scarf to keep me warm on this ridiculously cold day (4°C or 39°F) doing a word scramble with 5th grade (i love doing word games!) an unexpected evening with Felix
...getting a good bit of planning done today...having our Wednesday elementary potluck lunch ...having a bit more of a laid back day with the munchkins ...a comment on my outfit from a fellow teacher ...celebrating a birthday with taco salad and a fun movie
celebrating four wonderful months with Felix realizing anew how blessed I am waking up to the sound of rain trying something new with 2nd grade and really liking the outcome having a really good Monday
- being able to sleep in a bit and waking up before my alarm- lunch with church people - time with Felix - using my German to translate a sermon for the Hunter's church service - coming home and putting comfy clothes on and having time to chill
Going to an apple farm with the Hunter's Bible StudyA warm campfire on a brisk fall dayA day outdoors filled with fun and new moments - picking potatoes, apples and pumpkinsWatching VCS's talent showFun times with great friends all day long :)
Yesterday, I was challenged to find the GST in my classes, since things are kinda crazy there and I've been having a few rough moments. So today, I took the challenge and this is what I found: - 5th grade: the students being able to be independent workers and having some extra time to prepare myself for the day - 1st grade: a new student, who understands some English and seems super sweet; being able to be a bit stricter today to enforce some more rules (I don't like doing this!). AND joining them at the end of the day for dance time :) - 4th grade: really good listeners and helpers - Primary: being able to do silly little things with them and having them love every minute! - 3rd grade: this class is brand new as of this week, but so far they seem like really good kids and good listeners. I'm curious to see if they stay as quiet as they have been! - 2nd grade: being content to read and look at books and not being super rambunctious today I wanna end with a challenge for you…
Felix and me at my home in Germany gotta love jumping on a trampoline ;) Pretty, poisonous mushrooms we saw in the woods in Germany on a walk Fall is here! Beautiful sunset on our way back to Vienna This is one of the exits at the train station....gotta love it! I love the no-honking sign when you enter Vienna.
skyping with Laura and watching Julienne and hearing her little soundscalling Leanna and talking to her brieflychange of plans for the evening, but fun times with MelMacpizza for dinnertalking with Felix on the phone at night
- being able to run the whole Vienna Night Run - - having friends to run and be excited about with me - - worship this morning in our staff devos - - speedy day at school and good kids - - ending the day with ice cream -
having Felix in church and meeting all the people there hearing and seeing my Dad preach yummy biscuits and eggs for Sunday breakfast - a Kidd tradition a travel buddy home ;) tissues...esp. when you have a runny nose!
1. pancake and eggs bfast 2. amazing weather to show Felix around Heidelberg 3. catching up with people at church 4. jumping on a trampoline 5. watching The Emperor's New Groove with the whole family and extended family tonight! :)
- getting beautified in the beauty salon this morning....nothing like getting pampered :) - eating some of my favorite German rolls - driving a sweet car that we borrowed from someone in order to all go to the woods here - it was an automatic convertible, but we kept the top up, it's kinda too chilly for that! - walking in the woods and enjoying each other's company - eye drops for those itchy eye moments like I had tonight!