Skip to main content

Day 18

I've been doing the 30 day praise challenge, that my friend introduced on her blog. It has been really good focusing on all the different reasons we should praise the Lord.

Today, day 18, couldn't have come at a better time (well, it would have worked for several other days, but today especially). The verse to start off the devotion is:

Do not judge, 
and you will not be judged. 
Do not condemn, 
and you will not be condemend. 
 Forgive, 
and you will be forgiven. 
 Luke 6:37 

Great verse for today, as I got smooshed into an elevator with Zoey. Seriously, the lady behind me couldn't have been any closer to me. I had to learn to get just a tiny bit of distance from her. Talk about uncomfortable. I get pretty frustrated with how rude people are, since my mobility is a bit limited due to bringing a small one along with me everywhere. I've had some close calls of getting on/off trains or trams, simply because no one wants to help {Seriously, young man, did you not see me walk right in front of you?}. I've had to wait on elevators, because people who don't need them fill them up and there's no room for a stroller and me {which seriously isn't the end of the world, but I get annoyed}. I find it hard not to be condemning or judgmental or get angry. I often have to remind myself to let it go and not let it bother me, that my attitude does not help the situation or more importantly honor the Lord. 

The devotion today encouraged to praise God for giving us opportunities to share and mold us into Christ's image. To be honest, I don't usually see them as that. But I SHOULD! I need to take those moments when others are rude to exemplify Christ to them and to show my little one what a godly reaction looks like. God loves them just as He loves me. Christ died for them, just as He did for me! I need to remember that. I need to learn to offer grace to those that don't give it to me. This needs to be my prayer!

It went on to point out that our behavior breaks God's heart! How often have I broken His heart, because I judged someone? How many times have I brought Him sorrow, because I got angry at how someone treated me? I'm so thankful for Christ's forgiveness and mercy. I am so desperately in need of it!

The song that went with the devotion was excellent. Take a listen and may it encourage you to forgive those that treat you wrongly!

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Leslie. I was convicted by this as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and hearing from readers. Thanks for taking time to tell me that you read my blog!

Popular posts from this blog

10 Months

Baby Z is ten months today.  She's moving into toddlerhood and out of babyness...boo hoo....She's starting to have her own little will and get angry when things don't go her way.  She's realized she can make us laugh.  She loves watching little kids and squeals with delight.  Stroller rides are a favorite and also nice for a little snooze at times.  Cheerios are another favorite {she's a great eater, just not a good drinker}.  Sleeping through the night is almost an everyday occurrence {PTL!}!  Her sleeping postions are always quite amusing...you never know how you will find her.  She's incredibly curious and loves getting into things {empty boxes, laundry baskets, bags, etc is highly entertaining}.  If a cellphone or computer are somewhere near her, she doesn't waste any time getting to them.  She has so much energy.  Naps are kept short, often a half hour, if I'm lucky an hour.  I'm so thankful for this sweet, little, energy bundle.  I look forwa

Welcoming strangers into my home

For 16 weeks now, we have had a young refugee couple from Syria living with us. They have been married a little over a year and for the majority of that time have been separated from each other, since he made the journey to Austria alone and got everything in order so that she could come legally.  Let me backtrack a bit and tell you how it all started. As the refugee crisis really started to explode here, facebook was buzzing with articles, videos, pictures, etc. of the situation. I read a lot. I saw a lot. I was moved. I was troubled. But what could I do? I had a three year old and one year old at home.  ... I could teach some German. But when?   ... I could donate clothes and other items that were needed. But that didn't seem like enough. ... I could give money. But I wanted something more tangible.  I would put my youngest to bed and during those days, she needed lots of TLC in order to get to sleep. I kept thinking about the refugees and how they didn't

An early birthday gift!!!

Thanks, Laura and Leanna! I love 'em!!!