Skip to main content

summer days


So blogging has not been a priority on my list these days. 
I've turned into a terrible blogger, for which I apologize.

But here's to a new post! :) 

Life has been HOT these past few days. With a growing baby bump, I haven't been super motivated to get out and do lots. But we have enjoyed different playdates or going to Oma and Opa's house and using their yard and getting our feet (or more) wet in the kiddie pool. Saturday was spent by the pool and enjoying the shade, while Felix worked on the house. The water was freeeezzzzing, but soon Zoey got over it and enjoyed sitting and falling into it. The quietness out there was heavenly. I was able to sit and put my feet in the cool water or just have them up for a bit. It was so wonderful! 

The house is moving along slowly these days. The progress is kinda hard to capture in pictures, so I don't really have anything exciting there to share. It is coming along though and it continues to get more and more thrilling to think about this house project turning into a real house that will some day be our home! I have really enjoyed walking around the various rooms and picturing our life there. I get more and more excited about having a little yard for our girls to play in one day. This summer has really shown me how priceless a little area to play, splash and run around in really is! We've visited several friends with yards and it's just so wonderful for Zoey! To think one day, I won't have to pack up everything and head over to friends to enjoy some green grass and a kiddie pool! I cannot wait! 

Baby #2 continues to grow and is kinda making life a bit more uncomfortable. We have two more weeks until d-day! I'm really curious to see when she decides to come ... early, late or perhaps on time! We shall see. The closer the date approaches, the more nervous and yet ready I feel about having another baby. Today at church, I saw our friends' not quite 2 week old and I thought, "Aww, soon we'll have one like this!" So hard to believe Zoey was ever that small! lol  

I've been doing lots of baking these days. These were sooo delicious! I also baked some Double Chocolate Chip Cookies that turned into this super yummy, soft baked cookies ... man they were good. Can't find the recipe online right now. Sorry.

Well, that sums up life here ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Months

Baby Z is ten months today.  She's moving into toddlerhood and out of babyness...boo hoo....She's starting to have her own little will and get angry when things don't go her way.  She's realized she can make us laugh.  She loves watching little kids and squeals with delight.  Stroller rides are a favorite and also nice for a little snooze at times.  Cheerios are another favorite {she's a great eater, just not a good drinker}.  Sleeping through the night is almost an everyday occurrence {PTL!}!  Her sleeping postions are always quite amusing...you never know how you will find her.  She's incredibly curious and loves getting into things {empty boxes, laundry baskets, bags, etc is highly entertaining}.  If a cellphone or computer are somewhere near her, she doesn't waste any time getting to them.  She has so much energy.  Naps are kept short, often a half hour, if I'm lucky an hour.  I'm so thankful for this sweet, little, energy bundle.  I look forwa

Welcoming strangers into my home

For 16 weeks now, we have had a young refugee couple from Syria living with us. They have been married a little over a year and for the majority of that time have been separated from each other, since he made the journey to Austria alone and got everything in order so that she could come legally.  Let me backtrack a bit and tell you how it all started. As the refugee crisis really started to explode here, facebook was buzzing with articles, videos, pictures, etc. of the situation. I read a lot. I saw a lot. I was moved. I was troubled. But what could I do? I had a three year old and one year old at home.  ... I could teach some German. But when?   ... I could donate clothes and other items that were needed. But that didn't seem like enough. ... I could give money. But I wanted something more tangible.  I would put my youngest to bed and during those days, she needed lots of TLC in order to get to sleep. I kept thinking about the refugees and how they didn't

An early birthday gift!!!

Thanks, Laura and Leanna! I love 'em!!!