Skip to main content

a fun year!

Can a year already be gone?  At times, it feels like forever ago that she was such a tiny baby and other times, it seems like last week.  It has been so fascinating watching her grow and learn new things.  I love observing her new skills and habits.  We are truly blessed with a very happy and easy going baby.  I tell hubby all the time that we are so blessed...hope baby #2 will be like that whenever we have another one.  She is our little sunshine and such a delight!

The past year may not have always been easy, but it has been so rewarding and I wouldn't change it for anything.  I love being Z's mama and spending every day with her.  Being a mom is truly the best job and so rewarding {also hard and tiring, just a side note though}.  I'm learning what it means to love sacrificially and unconditionally, but I still have so much more to learn along the way. 

Her actual birthday was on Tuesday, but we had a family party on Sunday.  Almost the extended family on my hubby's side was there.  My parents extended their visit with us and were able to party as well!  We had beautiful weather and enjoyed sitting outside during cake time and then grilling.  Z did great all day, even though she didn't get a good nap in and there was so much attention on her.  She took it like a pro! 


she was very unsure about her cupcake
she did great opening her presents and being the center of attention
a little birthday ice cream with GD and GM Kidd, on her actual bday! :)

she thinks it's fun being 1!
checking her loot


she didn't really need any help opening her gifts...smart one year old!
enjoying her new Legos

So thankful for this sweet, energetic, fun, cute girl!  I look forward to the years to come and to continue to watch her grow and learn.  I can't wait to see more and more of her personality come out and to watch her become a young girl and then one day a young woman.  We pray that she will live her life with the Lord and that she will tell others about Him.  We pray that she will be confident in His love for her and share that love with others.

Baby Girl, this year has been incredible!  
We love you so much and are so thankful for you!

Comments

  1. aw! i like that you are both helping her blow out the candle! :)
    cutie pie ... can't believe she's "so old"! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and hearing from readers. Thanks for taking time to tell me that you read my blog!

Popular posts from this blog

10 Months

Baby Z is ten months today.  She's moving into toddlerhood and out of babyness...boo hoo....She's starting to have her own little will and get angry when things don't go her way.  She's realized she can make us laugh.  She loves watching little kids and squeals with delight.  Stroller rides are a favorite and also nice for a little snooze at times.  Cheerios are another favorite {she's a great eater, just not a good drinker}.  Sleeping through the night is almost an everyday occurrence {PTL!}!  Her sleeping postions are always quite amusing...you never know how you will find her.  She's incredibly curious and loves getting into things {empty boxes, laundry baskets, bags, etc is highly entertaining}.  If a cellphone or computer are somewhere near her, she doesn't waste any time getting to them.  She has so much energy.  Naps are kept short, often a half hour, if I'm lucky an hour.  I'm so thankful for this sweet, little, energy bundle.  I look forwa

Welcoming strangers into my home

For 16 weeks now, we have had a young refugee couple from Syria living with us. They have been married a little over a year and for the majority of that time have been separated from each other, since he made the journey to Austria alone and got everything in order so that she could come legally.  Let me backtrack a bit and tell you how it all started. As the refugee crisis really started to explode here, facebook was buzzing with articles, videos, pictures, etc. of the situation. I read a lot. I saw a lot. I was moved. I was troubled. But what could I do? I had a three year old and one year old at home.  ... I could teach some German. But when?   ... I could donate clothes and other items that were needed. But that didn't seem like enough. ... I could give money. But I wanted something more tangible.  I would put my youngest to bed and during those days, she needed lots of TLC in order to get to sleep. I kept thinking about the refugees and how they didn't

An early birthday gift!!!

Thanks, Laura and Leanna! I love 'em!!!