Skip to main content

Four months and what's been happening here

Sorry once again for being so MIA ... but I have a really cute reason for it.

Z is growing and growing and learning lots and lots!  It's so fun to see her learn new things.  All the sudden she can master things!  Truly amazing!  On Sunday, we had the privilege of my dad being able to do her baby dedication.  It was such a sweet time together.  I'm so thankful that my parents live so close that they hop on over for a weekend and experience special events with us.  I wish that were the case for the rest of the family...one day we'll all be together again.  Can't wait for that family reunion {whether mountains or beach, both will be wonderful - that's been discussed these past few days}!!

Hubby has been working lots and performing with the choir at various Christmas events.  I've missed having him around, but having time to myself has been a little nice, too.  He's been good at trying to make up for it though and coming home earlier or taking a day off here and there to be with us.

Exciting news: I {ahem, I mean of course, we} got a new camera and I've been having so much playing around with it.  Such a difference!  Poor Z is getting hit by the paparazzi!

I've been trying all kinds of new recipes {especially all things fall}.  Here's what's been cooking/baking in the kitchen these days:
{cinnamon almonds}
{pumpkin soup - my fav}
{pumpkin squares ... delish}
Christmas has half hit our home.  I'm hoping we'll get a tree this weekend.  Z's ornament is waiting for a special place to hang and I'm looking forward to taking pictures of her with a tree in the background.  
Christmas time is such a busy time.  There are so many fun activities and events to go to and it's easy to forget the true meaning of Christmas.  I've been doing an advent study and focusing on God's hope, love, joy and peace.  Sadly, I haven't been as faithful with the study as I would like to be.  But here's a verse I read last week and want to share with you.  Read it closely and see how great God's love is for us.

The Lord your God is with you,
He is mighty to save. 
He will take great delight in you, 
He will quiet you with His love, 
He will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17 

Let's be sure and take time to truly remember the reason for the season.  I know it's not easy, but let's all try to find some quiet and focus on Christ.

More to come ... hopefully sooner rather than one month! :) 


Comments

  1. Just now reading this ... sorry! You told me about it days ago! :)
    Welcome back to the blogging world. ha ha
    Looking forward to seeing the ornament on the tree!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and hearing from readers. Thanks for taking time to tell me that you read my blog!

Popular posts from this blog

10 Months

Baby Z is ten months today.  She's moving into toddlerhood and out of babyness...boo hoo....She's starting to have her own little will and get angry when things don't go her way.  She's realized she can make us laugh.  She loves watching little kids and squeals with delight.  Stroller rides are a favorite and also nice for a little snooze at times.  Cheerios are another favorite {she's a great eater, just not a good drinker}.  Sleeping through the night is almost an everyday occurrence {PTL!}!  Her sleeping postions are always quite amusing...you never know how you will find her.  She's incredibly curious and loves getting into things {empty boxes, laundry baskets, bags, etc is highly entertaining}.  If a cellphone or computer are somewhere near her, she doesn't waste any time getting to them.  She has so much energy.  Naps are kept short, often a half hour, if I'm lucky an hour.  I'm so thankful for this sweet, little, energy bundle.  I look forwa

Welcoming strangers into my home

For 16 weeks now, we have had a young refugee couple from Syria living with us. They have been married a little over a year and for the majority of that time have been separated from each other, since he made the journey to Austria alone and got everything in order so that she could come legally.  Let me backtrack a bit and tell you how it all started. As the refugee crisis really started to explode here, facebook was buzzing with articles, videos, pictures, etc. of the situation. I read a lot. I saw a lot. I was moved. I was troubled. But what could I do? I had a three year old and one year old at home.  ... I could teach some German. But when?   ... I could donate clothes and other items that were needed. But that didn't seem like enough. ... I could give money. But I wanted something more tangible.  I would put my youngest to bed and during those days, she needed lots of TLC in order to get to sleep. I kept thinking about the refugees and how they didn't

An early birthday gift!!!

Thanks, Laura and Leanna! I love 'em!!!