Skip to main content
This is my last week of work.  In Austria, you are only allowed to work up until 8 weeks prior to your due date.  Friday will be my last day teaching for a long time.  It's so strange to think that, but I'm also really excited about this next journey that God has planned for our family.  I can't imagine what life will be like, but I can't wait to experience it!  I'll be back to school for a few more events though and definitely for the last day of school to sign yearbooks and say the real goodbyes.

Baby Girl is now the size of a squash.  She's growing and growing and I'm starting to feel quite large.  It's funny how I think pregnant women are so cute and I just love their bellies, but now having one, I just feel huge...I love feeling her move around though.  I wish I could peek inside and see exactly what's she's doing.  My mom says she wished she had a clear wrap tummy to see what's happening...I agree.  I often wonder if she's kicking, punching, stretching or which body part is she sticking out at an interesting angle. :)  It's so funny to see your stomach moving in such strange ways.  I love it!!

I did some more shopping yesterday and could not resist this little guy:
so she's not alone in her crib ... he also plays a cute little melody
I finally found some fabric for curtains.  Now, we need to finalize paint and get that part done.  I can't wait to see what the nursery looks like.  It's all taking a bit longer than I would like, but helps me be patient. :)

Today I visited two science high school classes that are just going over the reproduction system and answered questions about being pregnant.  What better person to talk to than a prego lady!  Nothing boosts your self-image more than hearing girls saying how cute and sweet you are with your belly! :)  I got asked what school I go to, because I had referenced school and a boy thought I looked young. lol  They also asked if my belly was hard so I said they could feel it. {I'm used to little hands touching me ... I can't go anywhere around the school without little fingers reaching out to caress the baby.} :)  I enjoyed interacting with older students and answering their curious questions about being pregnant and the baby.

Here's a new recipe I made this week from a friend's blog .... you should definitely try it if you like blueberries; it's sooo tasty!!  

Stay tuned for a new bumpdate picture.  Sorry there's not one today.

Comments

  1. Hurray for a new blog post!! Love your choice of fabric-very cute!! Will that help you choosing colors for the wall?
    I remember being belly-handled at school, too; one girl always hugged on my belly. Kind of strange but sweet from a little 8 yr. old (any older and it gets weird!). ;) Love ya.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and hearing from readers. Thanks for taking time to tell me that you read my blog!

Popular posts from this blog

10 Months

Baby Z is ten months today.  She's moving into toddlerhood and out of babyness...boo hoo....She's starting to have her own little will and get angry when things don't go her way.  She's realized she can make us laugh.  She loves watching little kids and squeals with delight.  Stroller rides are a favorite and also nice for a little snooze at times.  Cheerios are another favorite {she's a great eater, just not a good drinker}.  Sleeping through the night is almost an everyday occurrence {PTL!}!  Her sleeping postions are always quite amusing...you never know how you will find her.  She's incredibly curious and loves getting into things {empty boxes, laundry baskets, bags, etc is highly entertaining}.  If a cellphone or computer are somewhere near her, she doesn't waste any time getting to them.  She has so much energy.  Naps are kept short, often a half hour, if I'm lucky an hour.  I'm so thankful for this sweet, little, energy bundle.  I look forwa

Welcoming strangers into my home

For 16 weeks now, we have had a young refugee couple from Syria living with us. They have been married a little over a year and for the majority of that time have been separated from each other, since he made the journey to Austria alone and got everything in order so that she could come legally.  Let me backtrack a bit and tell you how it all started. As the refugee crisis really started to explode here, facebook was buzzing with articles, videos, pictures, etc. of the situation. I read a lot. I saw a lot. I was moved. I was troubled. But what could I do? I had a three year old and one year old at home.  ... I could teach some German. But when?   ... I could donate clothes and other items that were needed. But that didn't seem like enough. ... I could give money. But I wanted something more tangible.  I would put my youngest to bed and during those days, she needed lots of TLC in order to get to sleep. I kept thinking about the refugees and how they didn't

An early birthday gift!!!

Thanks, Laura and Leanna! I love 'em!!!