Skip to main content

7 quick takes Friday

[7_quick_takes_sm.jpg]

So a friend of mine does every once in a while - it's called 7 Quick Takes Friday and it's just a blurb about life that week. W/out further ado, here we go:

#1 Saturday was a busy day ... Felix and I had a pre-marital counseling session in the morning - after a waffle breakfast! Then we went to the park and to an Easter market. I picked out some Easter eggs, so next year we can have our own pussy willow branches with Easter eggs. It was so fun picking them out. Look for pictures next year! ;)

#2 Sunday was church and I translated for New City Wien church. After the church service, we had another pre-marital counseling meeting. It was a good and enlightening session about what kinds of disagreements or difficulties we think we will face in our marriage. It's good to know that even if we disagree, we can find a solution and still love each other.

#3 The school week started off well. I enjoyed having a volunteer come in and help with some of my classes. This allowed me to split up the different levels in one class and get some extra work done while she worked alone with another class.

#4 Tuesday, my roommate and I had some time together and were able to relax over a dinner and a TV show. Then we both worked on various things. Not really an exciting day ...

#5 I had a night alone at home on Wednesday. I got some work done and called a few friends in the States. I love quiet evenings.

#6 Game day with the kids at school. Since it was the last day before break, it's kinda hard for things to get done and not just have fun! After school, I met Felix and we went and bought a couch!!! After many months of searching and going from furniture store to furniture store, we have FINALLY made a decision. AND it went on sale this week AND they finally are offering it in the color we wanted! Now it's just a matter of waiting 7-8 weeks until we get it ...

#7 Staff Work Day and a trip to the embassy - one more step closer on the legal side of getting married! Felix and I also went suit shopping tonight and now that is another thing to check off the list - we were successful!! :)

Comments

  1. Thank you for the info ... good to know what is going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!! I need to do mine although it will be on a tuesday rather than a friday :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and hearing from readers. Thanks for taking time to tell me that you read my blog!

Popular posts from this blog

10 Months

Baby Z is ten months today.  She's moving into toddlerhood and out of babyness...boo hoo....She's starting to have her own little will and get angry when things don't go her way.  She's realized she can make us laugh.  She loves watching little kids and squeals with delight.  Stroller rides are a favorite and also nice for a little snooze at times.  Cheerios are another favorite {she's a great eater, just not a good drinker}.  Sleeping through the night is almost an everyday occurrence {PTL!}!  Her sleeping postions are always quite amusing...you never know how you will find her.  She's incredibly curious and loves getting into things {empty boxes, laundry baskets, bags, etc is highly entertaining}.  If a cellphone or computer are somewhere near her, she doesn't waste any time getting to them.  She has so much energy.  Naps are kept short, often a half hour, if I'm lucky an hour.  I'm so thankful for this sweet, little, energy bundle.  I look forwa

Welcoming strangers into my home

For 16 weeks now, we have had a young refugee couple from Syria living with us. They have been married a little over a year and for the majority of that time have been separated from each other, since he made the journey to Austria alone and got everything in order so that she could come legally.  Let me backtrack a bit and tell you how it all started. As the refugee crisis really started to explode here, facebook was buzzing with articles, videos, pictures, etc. of the situation. I read a lot. I saw a lot. I was moved. I was troubled. But what could I do? I had a three year old and one year old at home.  ... I could teach some German. But when?   ... I could donate clothes and other items that were needed. But that didn't seem like enough. ... I could give money. But I wanted something more tangible.  I would put my youngest to bed and during those days, she needed lots of TLC in order to get to sleep. I kept thinking about the refugees and how they didn't

An early birthday gift!!!

Thanks, Laura and Leanna! I love 'em!!!