Skip to main content

Ein Hundert Neun und Zwanzig (there ya go, there's your German for the day!)

The day today started off to a normal start, but I should have guessed something would be amiss as I woke up at all kinds of crazy hours throughout the night. Pat and I went to the Wellhealth Center, basically a gym for older people - they get their pulse taken every so often there during their workout, etc. So I'm the youngest one there, of course! We started talking to one of the gentleman there and he asked how old I was and was surprised when I told him. He said it was a good thing. Then he went on to inform me that I had my smile going for me - just like his late wife did. He got cards of regret and people said how they would remember her smile and laugh. I decided that this is one of the things I want to be remembered by as well!

Well, here is where the day starts to go downhill...we got home and I went to get my clean clothes and hop in the shower, when I saw a gazillion of ants crawling around all my clothes in my suitcase .... the trail continued into the closet and who knows where it started! Eeeeeekkkk...so Pat and I went on the adventure of de-anting my room, my clothes, my bag, even the quilt on my bed! We sprayed the room, turned on the fan...yuck. I felt so itchy during and after it all. And of course, the thought of little crawly ants in my clothes made me need to wash all my clothes (I was gonna do laundry anyways, just didn't realize it would be all the clothes I brought for this trip!). So that, in a nutshell (a somewhat larger one) is the craziness that happened to me today.

Now on to the 129th day of GST:
- clean and dried clothes after saying adios to the ants (Texas heat (104) works amazingly fast on wet clothes!)
- spending quite some time in a Christian bookstore and coming out with a few books plus some things for my classroom!! :)
- receiving a Christmas gift in July
- Casa Herrara with my Grandparents and Aunt Gaye and Uncle Kermitt
- a very sweet email from my bf ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Months

Baby Z is ten months today.  She's moving into toddlerhood and out of babyness...boo hoo....She's starting to have her own little will and get angry when things don't go her way.  She's realized she can make us laugh.  She loves watching little kids and squeals with delight.  Stroller rides are a favorite and also nice for a little snooze at times.  Cheerios are another favorite {she's a great eater, just not a good drinker}.  Sleeping through the night is almost an everyday occurrence {PTL!}!  Her sleeping postions are always quite amusing...you never know how you will find her.  She's incredibly curious and loves getting into things {empty boxes, laundry baskets, bags, etc is highly entertaining}.  If a cellphone or computer are somewhere near her, she doesn't waste any time getting to them.  She has so much energy.  Naps are kept short, often a half hour, if I'm lucky an hour.  I'm so thankful for this sweet, little, energy bundle.  I look forwa

Welcoming strangers into my home

For 16 weeks now, we have had a young refugee couple from Syria living with us. They have been married a little over a year and for the majority of that time have been separated from each other, since he made the journey to Austria alone and got everything in order so that she could come legally.  Let me backtrack a bit and tell you how it all started. As the refugee crisis really started to explode here, facebook was buzzing with articles, videos, pictures, etc. of the situation. I read a lot. I saw a lot. I was moved. I was troubled. But what could I do? I had a three year old and one year old at home.  ... I could teach some German. But when?   ... I could donate clothes and other items that were needed. But that didn't seem like enough. ... I could give money. But I wanted something more tangible.  I would put my youngest to bed and during those days, she needed lots of TLC in order to get to sleep. I kept thinking about the refugees and how they didn't

An early birthday gift!!!

Thanks, Laura and Leanna! I love 'em!!!